This is the first masters level workshop in the Play Therapy training program. It is a face to face (6hr) training. Please attend this workshop before paying for any others. This workshop helps you to ascertain out if the Maritime Play Therapy training program is for you. If you want to proceed in the cohort training then payment can be split over 10 montly payments.
HST is added to all workshop costs.
Introduction to Play Therapy
Overview: This introductory course will provide an overview of the Certification Process with the Canadian Association for Play Therapy, The British Association for Play Therapy Competency areas as well as address the following learning objectives.
1) Define play therapy and the difference between play and play therapy;
2) Identify the value and therapeutic powers of play therapy;
3) Discuss what play reveals about the child’s internal working model.
4) Cite the developmental stages of play;
5) Identify how to set up a play room and how to select toys and materials to facilitate therapeutic growth.
6) Identify how to set up a portable play therapy kit.