History, models and stages of Play Therapy is a two day masters level (12 hours) course that requires masters level participants to have access to reliable interent, computer/laptop, noise cancelling headphones and a web camera. A course link will be sent to all clinicians in advance of the training. Those who miss the training will be offered a seat in a future training, no refunds will be provided. HST is added on to the posted cost.
History, Models and Stages of Play Therapy - two days
Play Therapy History, Models, and Process
This two-day web based course occurs over two weekends and addresses the following learning objectives
Learning Objectives:- Day 1
1) Discuss the history of play therapy .
2) Identify the major theoretical models of play therapy, including the pioneers
3) Review the role of the therapist using the therapeutic powers of play.
4) Discuss integrative and prescriptive play therapy and how to match the applicable approach to the child/teens/ or adult’s needs.
5) Discuss the integration of neurobiological interventions with Play Therapy
6) Describe the guidelines for developing a personal theoretical model.
7) Identify which Play Therapist Competencies are addressed by understanding history and theory.
Learning Objectives Day 2
8) Describe the stages in the play therapy process and how to pace sessions according to the child's ability to address issues.
9) Describe basic themes in children's play and how these might be communicating the concerns or life experiences of children.
10) Identify how to track and record themes in children's play.
11) Discuss recent research studies supporting the effectiveness of play therapy.
12) Identify which Play Therapy Competencies are addressed by understanding the Play Therapy process.